Wellingborough RFC are looking to recruit a coach for their girls team.
The girls section has been quite successful over the last few players with players going on to represent East Midlands, Selection for Tyrell Academy Clubs and a player with England U18s honours.
The previous coaching team stepped down in June and a new coach/coaching team is needed for this squad of players. The team until recently trained on a Tuesday (18.30 – 20.00) and play matches on a Sunday. Ideally training would take place on a Wednesday, but this could be discussed with any new coach re availability.
The team work closely with the RFU CRCs, so there are is plenty of support available for interested candidates.
What you’ll get out of it:
Coaching is a great way to stay fit and pass on your knowledge of the game. Acting as a role model and inspiration to a group of young people, and seeing them grow and develop is one of the most rewarding things you can do. It’s a highly respected role in the community and above all, it’s really good fun.
Ideally you’ll need to be:
– Knowledgeable about the game
– Willing to develop yourself as a coach through RFU coaching awards
– Confident and good at communicating
– Well-organised and a good timekeeper
– Approachable and good working with young people
What you’ll do:
– Plan and run safe, effective training sessions
– Retain players and work with relevant volunteers to recruit players
– Develop individuals’ skill, confidence and fitness
– Select the team and help organise regular fixtures
– Promote the core values of rugby
For more information or to apply for the role please contact;
Simon Peregrine (Mini and Junior Chairman) Email
George Shipman (DoR)
Updated 14:30 - 29 Aug 2018 by George Shipman